It may have been a while since you ventured into the deepest reaches of your closet, but it’s time to see what’s hiding behind those clothes. From March 19th to April 20th, Live Green and Repax are teaming up to donate a record breaking amount of clothes to Goodwill of Greater Washington. It’s time to tackle the back of your closet and help us support Goodwill’s mission to transform lives and communities through the power of education and employment.
Curious what brings Repax, a reusable packing company, and Live Green, a green living organization, together for a clothing drive? Well, it turns out that donating your clothes is one of the most eco-friendly things you can do! By donating your clothes to Fwd: Your Fashion this spring, you will help us divert several thousands pounds of waste from landfills by giving unwanted items a second life... even those ratty old jeans.
Participating is easy. All you have to do is bring your clothes to any of our 9 (and counting!) public drop-off locations around the city, place your donation in the super-sturdy, eco-friendly, bright green Repax bins (you can’t miss ‘em!), and we’ll take it from there.
On April 21st, we’ll announce the total donation amount and transfer everything to Goodwill at noon in Dupont Circle. Then, we’ll spend the afternoon running around to DC’s greenest places with the Green Rush, and end with a grand celebration of both Green Rush and Fwd: Your Fashion at Liv. So, donate to Fwd: Your Fashion, grab your receipt from our Facebook page (coming soon), and receive $5 off your Green Rush registration and free entry to the after party.
What are you waiting for? Fwd: Your Fashion and Re:claim your closet!
Drop Off Locations:
View Public Fwd: Your Fashion locations in a larger map
- Art of Living Center: 2401 15th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20009
- Capitol Hill Bikes: 719 8th St. SE, Washington, D.C. 20003
- Live Green Office: 2452 18th St., NW, Washington, D.C. 20009
- Amicus Green Building Center: 4080 Howard Ave, Kensington, MD. 20895
- That Yellow Gym: 3220 17th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20010 (in the Argyle Building)
- Chancellor’s Row Townhomes by EYA: Regent Place NE, Washington, D.C. 20017
- Capitol Quarter Townhomes by EYA: 1020 4th St. SE, Washington, D.C. 20003
- Trohv: 232 Carroll St NW, Washington, DC 20012
- Flats 130: 130 M St. NE, Washington, D.C. 20002
Many thanks to the following businesses who are supporting Fwd: Your Fashion by collecting donations from clients, in their shared office space, and from their tenants: Affinity Lab, Arganica, Clean Currents, Flats 130, Functional, Fashionable, and Clutter Free Now.
For the week of March 19 - March 25, Arganica will be picking up clothing donations in conjunction with their food delivery service. If you’re an Arganica member, be sure to leave your clothing donations out for the driver to pick up. If you’re not an Arganica member, what are you waiting for?